MINT Mono Threads
Firmer Rejuvenated Skin
Achieve firmer rejuvenated skin with MINT Mono threads. This treatment for non-surgical tightening is cutting edge and one of the most recently approved technologies by the FDA.
WHAT ARE MINT MONO THREADS?
MINT Mono threads are smooth threads that tighten the skin when lifting is not required. The threads are made of suture material which has been used in surgery to close wounds for decades. The MINT threads stimulate the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid, wherever in the skin they are placed.
WHAT AREAS ARE SUITABLE FOR MINT MONO THREADS?
• Necklines and skin laxity
• Lower face and jowls
• Under the eyes
• Around the mouth and perioral lines
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE PROCEDURE?
A numbing anaesthetic cream may be applied up to 1 hour before your treatment.
- The MINT mono threads are pre-threaded onto a small needle
- The introducer needle is inserted through the dermal layer of the skin
- The needle is removed leaving the fine hair-like thread in the dermis
- Once placed, the threads activate the production of collagen to gradually tighten and rejuvenate the skin
- This action provides the skin with a tighter feel and appearance and more of a youthful look
- Typically, around 10-60 threads are used to treat a single area
WHAT AFTERCARE IS NEEDED?
You will notice some swelling and bruising in the treated areas. Post-treatment care can reduce these side effects and help them resolve faster:
- You should use cool packs 2-4 hourly after treatment, for the first 24-48 hours.
- Use Hirudoid or Arnica cream
- You can take paracetamol 4-6 hourly, and we also recommend taking an antihistamine to help reduce inflammation
- We recommend you sleep with an extra pillow having your head slightly more elevated for 3-5 nights
- Be gentle when washing and shaving your face
- For the first 2 weeks, avoid UV exposure, contact sports, dentists, saunas and being overly expressive with your face
- For up to a week after the procedure, it may feel tender around the threads
- Avoid significant massaging of your face for 4 weeks
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS?
Immediate results can be seen once the threads have been inserted; however, the results will improve over the next 3-12 months. The PDO suture material on the MINT threads is gradually degraded and absorbed by your body over 6-9 months. The results are expected to last 12-24 months.
BOOK A CONSULTATION
Book a consultation with Wellington’s doctor operated appearance medicine clinic Vital Face & Vein.